Sunday, March 13, 2016

Pallet Wood Love

I'm in love. 

I finally finished a simple little project, and I love it! It is the first piece in the transition to my new look.

A few months ago I found an old pallet in my dad's garage. Of course I just had to ask what he was going to do with it. He gave an answer, but honestly I don't remember it. So it was a surprise when a few weeks later he called and asked if I wanted it. But of course, dad! So he brought it over.

And it sat under my back deck. For a while.

When the weather warmed up I grabbed a circular saw and chopped it up. I was able to get nearly 25 usable pieces of 13" board. I took three of them and glued some joining pieces of scrap wood to the back (thanks to my dad, again, for the scrap wood!).

I knew I wanted a sign of some sort, but I wasn't sure exactly what. One day I was shopping in my local craft store and I found a rustic, bronzed metal letter "D" on the clearance shelf. And it was a match made in heaven.

Here is the final result, hanging on my entry wall:

In a few months when we pick out our new house, this will be one of the first design pieces I hang. A few other things I have planned - a couch recover, some barn wood projects, and a coffee table redo- will join in to make my new space fresh yet old.

Check back again as I work through all of these amazing projects!

Oh, and if you have any ideas on what to do with my remaining pallet wood, I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment